Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Drawing sessions at the Academy

Yoriko told me to check out the Alumni Association at the Academy... turns out, my old Alma Matter hosts drawing sessions for us Alumni... took a couple of emails to dig up my old student ID (can you believe that stuff is still on record?) and then... tadaa!

The model was beautiful. I had only grabbed my little sketchbook and a box of pencils. Next time I will bring proper paper and maybe even my pastels.

It's funny how sometimes 1 minute seems like all the time in the world. This time, 20 minute poses seemed like 5 minutes had passed. Most of what I did was scribbles in search of a larger space to go, but this one turned out kind of ok... though I still don't know how 2o minutes drifted away...

20 minute pose, colored pencil and white charcoal on craft paper

No comments: